Keeping It REEL
Richardson Engaging Effective Learners
At Richardson Primary School we have a whole school approach to teaching and learning. We use these five principles to engage all students in every classroom.
What does this mean for your child?
It means our teachers know your child really well and know exactly what he/she needs to move forward with their learning.
1. Students can explain what they are learning and why.
Students share their knowledge
Students are engaged and participate with confidence
2. Teachers identify the needs of every student.
Individual feedback is focussed on the work
3. Feedback is given to move learning forward.
Students support each other's learning and provide feedback
4. Students work cooperatively to support each other.
Students seek peer support before the help of a teacher. "See 3 students before me"
5. Students are responsible for their learning.
Students use work samples to select quality writing
Back to Pedagogy